Wednesday, May 1, 2013

38 days and counting

 
 "The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack in will."~~Vince Lombardi
 
Here I am!! The last month before Eagleman! I have been training specifically for this since October. Next month is June already and the countdown continues. I have moments where I think I am ready and moments I think I am crazy. Ready vs. Crazy?? Maybe a little of both. I know I can do each of the distances separately for sure....but can I add them together while racing?

Which brings up....Racing vs. Finishing. I think those are two different things. I am almost certain I can finish the distance, but I have been training to race. I have done speed work and tabatas in swimming, biking, and running. It is going to hurt...my legs, my lungs. I have to pace myself so I don't go too fast on the bike and have nothing left for the run. I need to fuel properly so I don't run out of steam, but so that I don't get stomach cramps either. There is so much to think about.

I think at this point, more than a month out for this race, I am in a good place thanks to my coach. She has told me what to do and I have done it. She keeps telling me that I am faster than I think I am. I hope she is right! LOL

I am so excited as racing season starts. I am SO excited as my friends who have also been training hard get to race their races. Let the season begin!!!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment