Friday, October 5, 2012

2013 Plan - I have a plan??

I can't seem to stop thinking about next year. Really? It is just October and I need a plan for next summer already? Apparently I do. The triathlon that I have been stalking is going to open registration on October 9th. Seems ironic as that is the same day I will find out if the cancer in my neck has returned. Registration opens at 9am. Appointment with Dr. Jerk is at 3 pm. Take a gamble or not.....that is the question.

Dr. Jerk earned his title after I met him the first time. I waited my obligatory 90 minutes and finally got the Dr. in the room. First question out of his mouth - who did your surgery and why didn't you go back to him?? Awesome, thanks for having me here and welcoming me with open arms. Believe me, if Dr. Stanley did this procedure that I was told I 'need' to have done and you weren't the only doctor in NJ that did it, I would NOT be sitting here with you. Then Dr. Jerk answers his phone - ugh, how rude. Looks at my US report and agrees the next step is to do the thyroglobulin washout  and sends me out the door. I ask him, did you want to feel me neck? Oh ok...I can feel them. We need to do the test. Well, thank you for the 3 minutes of your time....hence, Dr. Jerk.

Back to triathlon....so the big plan for next year is to do a Half Ironman Distance triathlon. I have researched a couple and I think I have decided on Eagleman in Maryland. It is supposed to be flat, which is what I want since there is no hill in NJ  to be found, at least where I live. June 2nd, 2013. That is going to be the date stuck in my head for the next 8 1/2 months.

I like the idea of an earlier season triathlon. For some reason, in my crazy head, I feel like triathlon should end when school starts in September. That means after Danskin Sandy Hook in early September. I can keep my motivation until then, but after that I turn to more of a run focused training schedule. I look at the triathlons that are going on now and truly have no desire to do them.

And speaking of desire, I haven't been in a pool for almost 1 month. I can not get motivated to do it....anyone have any advice? I am trying not to stress about it, but if I am not going to swim, I should freeze my gym membership and take the pressure off.

If I do an early season triathlon and fill in with some smaller ones for the rest of the summer, what is next falls big adventure....will discuss next blog.

Today was supposed to be a rest day - did 25 minutes of core with a smattering of legs and arms. Still worked up a sweat in short about of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment