Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Let's start at the very beginning, a very good place to start!

Let's see....where to start. How about an explanation of the title of the blog.

1. Mom - to 4 wonderful adventurists. What's an adventurist you ask - by definition, it is the involvement in risky enterprises without regard to proper procedures and possible consequences. That adequately describes the way the four of them interact with one another!
Adventurist #1 - a new to being 13 yo daughter (yikes) who loves piano
Adventurist #2 - an 11 year old daughter who loves Tae Kwon Do - 2nd degree black belt - watch out!
Adventurist #3 - 8 year old son who keeps us challenged! Loves technology!
Adventurist #4 - 4 year old daughter who loves to do everything her older siblings do and is to young to know she can't

2. Vet - I am a Diplomat of the American College of Veterinary Medicine (Small Animal) - all that means is that I went to school for 4 years after vet school to become 'board certified'. I LOVE being a vet and working at my hospital with my 'folks' (Adventurist #4's way of referring to the employees). I see lots of cool things, nice people and a smattering of not so nice too.....those tales will unravel here from time to time...

3. Survivor - April 9, 2010 with a 1 year old on my lap I heard the words, you have thyroid cancer. And the next sentence the nurse told me over the phone was that it was a good cancer to have. Ummmmmm.....I didn't want any cancer. Turned out to be metastatic to the local lymph nodes too....oh goodie - its all good, right! Well, with the right attitude, it IS all good! What are the alternatives....to wait to die - not my plan at all!

4. Swim - I am NOT a natural swimmer nor a good swimmer...let's leave it at that for the moment. Oh, and I have a really hard time getting into water, especially if it is cold. Maybe that's why I am not a good swimmer??

5. Bike - I LOVE to bike - I love the freedom when I am outside riding with the breeze in my face, sunglasses on and the road pushing me ahead. I have a great black bike with purple accents - that's my color, purple. You can see how technical I am. Biggest biking problem -  after two years of consistent riding, I have terrible seat issues....ouch.

6. Run - I LOVE LOVE LOVE to run! Triple the freedom of biking! And you only need a pair of sneakers to make it happen! My favorite time to run is at sunrise, or at sunset, or in the black of night. I  have been called a ninjarunner before - could have something to do with the fact that I have a black belt in TKD!

So this blog is going to be about being a mom, being a vet, and being a survivor, and being a triathlete! It will be about how I effectively use 24 hours a day to make it all happen - although 3-4 more hours in a day would be fabuloso!!

Plans for 2013??? To be revealed very soon! Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment