Saturday, January 5, 2013

2013 Goals - Not resolutions

     I really don't believe in resolutions. I think many people try to make very drastic changes at the beginning of a new year that are not realistic. However, a new year is a fresh start. It offers people a clean canvas to paint the life they want.
     That said, I feel like I work towards my different fitness goals everyday. I have been getting up between 4:20-5am for 13 months now. That was a hard habit to establish, but it is a habit now and my body will wake up no later than 5:30 even on days when I can sleep in. I feel like I get so much done in those extra morning hours and that it really sets me up for a full, active, motivated day. I actually feel sluggish on days that I don't train.
     As far as parenting, I really try to be patient everyday, but I will admit some days are easier than others. I will work on that more. I have been playing games and animals and dress up with the kids. Even though I hate board games, I have been playing them. So far, so good in this regard.
     Most of my goals for 2013 are fitness related and I have made them know already. I have 154 days left  until my first half Ironman. That is a huge goal for me and I am very excited about it! I have a plan in place and as long as I follow the plan I should be able to complete and compete that day! I hope to do a spattering of other sprints and olympic distance races, but my A race is that HIM.
     After the HIM, I will start training for my first marathon. Hopefully, I can get into the Marine Corps Marathon in October. That will be my second big goal of the year. Two endurace events.
    On a smaller scale, my personal goal is to drink more water. I am pretty sure I stay chronically dehydrated. I think in preparation for my bigger goals, I would like to try to better my hydration. But baby steps....I am starting the month of January by trying to drink 16oz/day. Other than coffee, I don't drink anything most days. I started putting a water bottle next to the kitchen sink. My goal is to drink that one bottle every day. If I do well, I might consider increasing it to two water bottles daily. I know its not the recommended water intake per day, but again, baby steps.
     No resolutions, but a couple of goals for the year.

3 comments:

  1. I wish I could find it online but I have a 32oz water bottle made by Nathan that I got from Sport Authority. It dosent have a straw, just a screw top which makes it so easy to drink from and it is marked so you know how much you are drinking. It is bpa free plastic and great to keep on my desk at work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! I am going to try a new water bottle!

      Delete
  2. I have 4-750 ml water bottles that I fill each day and put in the fridge. I know how many I have had and how many I have to go. I have to have 3, I try to have 4 each day

    ReplyDelete